Monday, December 25, 2006

Ride to Kelly's

The family wanted to spend Christmas at my sister's house this year, but we couldn't leave until today because of the Christmas Eve services. So in order to get there by the afternoon, we woke up really early and left before 6:00am.

One thing I had been thinking a lot about was how Hunter's dog would do. He brought his precocious, not yet house-broken six month-old huskie with him when he came home, and it's been irritating us all the past few days. I was wondering how annoying it would be in the car.


Surprisingly (and much to my relief), it was really calm. We got in to Kelly's place in Ohio about 3:30, got settled, then went over to dinner at my brother-in-law's workplace (a Great Wolf Lodge ). After that, it was time to open the loot. This year, because of everyone's tight finances, we all decided to make everyone's presents rather than buy them. Among the cool things we got were a mason jar of cookie ingredients (from Kelly), a book of Hunter's favorite recipes, homemade pajamas (from Mom), and a one-handed knife (it looks like a small halberd blade, and is great for cutting pizza).


So it was a very rewarding Christmas indeed. The car trip went well, I got to hang out with my family, and the loot was bountiful. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Except maybe a job.

No comments: