Sunday, November 23, 2008

A quick inventory

As I was eating breakfast in the DFAC today, I saw that Romy and Michele's High School Reunion was on TV. Then, realizing that it's been five years since my high school reunion, I started to panic.

"Oh my gosh! What have I done with those five years?!?"

It started me thinking. Here's what I came up with:
  • I learned Korean and Chinese (not perfectly, but well enough)
  • I got an MBA
  • I got married
  • We had a kid (and in that order)
  • If I can count December, I got commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army.
  • Plus, I have met over 750 people either by teaching English, or by one of the activities listed above.
Now, I realize there are a lot of "I" statements there, but just that quick inventory put a smile on my face and made me feel a bit better about life.

No comments: