Sunday, July 31, 2011

USO visit

Bob Hope was *the* guy for USO visits. I think I remember seeing him televised from Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War.

On July 30, we got three visitors to Tarin Kowt: basketball player Karl Malone, magician David Blaine, and Daily Show host Jon Stewart. As a fan of the Daily Show, I was really excited.


They came to the mess hall because that's the biggest meeting place around. The management busted out all the nice decorations.

The only problem was that they came to the Australian mess during dinner time, and they were a bit late. I felt kind of guilty taking up space while people with trays were looking around for space, so I gave my seat to one of my soldiers and cleared out.

My consolation, though, is that my guys had a good time. I'll be happy keeping the picture.

No comments: