Friday, March 22, 2013

Support Operations Course: Day 5

We started today with a test on the first week's instruction. It was only 40 questions, but we had 90 minutes to do it. I finished in about 30, and then used the next 2.5 hours to go swimming, get a haircut, and get lunch.

In the afternoon we got our scores (I got an 88%), went over the questions, and then got an introduction to the group concept of support we'll tackle next week.

This being the second time that I had seen that "lecture," I was really irritated. When I first saw it a couple weeks ago, the speakers contradicted each other, weren't synchronized in what they covered, and didn't understand what our own instructors were teaching us.

I didn't really grasp that until after everything was over, and what I remembered from that brief almost seemed like a dream. This time, however, I saw the same thing -- a bunch of people who are not our graders talking about this big project like it was an elephant: one person describes the trunk, another the hide, and a third the leg.

At the end, most of the people in the classroom were even more confused than in the beginning. It didn't really help anyone. I'd have said something to our instructor, but as a Friday, we were released soon afterward (3:15ish).  I'll wait for a more opportune time to address my grievances.

No comments: