Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cell phone, apartment search

Today we started on the apartment search by looking at six places. Four were low-rise "villa" style apartments (similar to the buildings I lived in during my first and third teaching contracts). The last two were high-rise apartment buildings.

Though some were strangely ill-designed or maintained, it's exciting to see what we can get for about $1500. SY hopes to get a high-rise place that's near shops; I'm mostly concerned with how I'll get to work. With only one car (which hasn't even arrived yet), I really don't know how it will work out.

We also bought a pair of cell phones from the Techno Mart near Jamsil, which I'm happy about. I don't yet have a frame of reference to understand just how cool they are, but at least the screen is larger than our old U.S. phones.

No comments: