Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Clearing Fort Lee

Having completed the SPO phase II course, these past few days have been all about out-processing. Fortunately, I was able to knock out most of the signatures over the previous week (particularly during that Monday with the late start), so I only had three left.

On Monday I came in early, only to realize one place only opened at 1:00, so I stopped by the Transportation historian's office and spoke with him about my deployment. That took up the morning; I went to lunch at BK, got the signature as soon as the place opened, and was home by 2:15.

On Tuesday I got the last signature, had lunch with my old boss, and turned in my out-processing paperwork. I also checked in with our landlord's office, dropped off some unneeded things at goodwill, and did a "trial" pack up of the stuff we'll take on the plane.

This turned out to be a good idea, because with everything out of the way I could spend all of Wednesday doing nothing.

No comments: