Saturday, April 06, 2013

Visit to Lake County

I don't know if my high school is doing a 20 year reunion, but either way I won't be able to attend -- I'll be in Korea. But before disappearing for the next two or three years, I figured I'd pay a visit to my best high school friend. We met at O'Toole's -- a pub in between Gurnee Mills and the Great America entrance. And since we were there, we stopped by Gurnee Mills, a place I spent a great deal of time between 1992 and 1995. While the stores where I worked (American Tourister and Mr. Bulky) have long since closed, the place where my friend worked is still there. You check out his site for more information about that time in his life. Though the mall has changed over the past 20 years and it's a lot busier than I remember, it was still a nice bit of nostalgia.

No comments: