Thursday, July 25, 2013

My next two months

Around August of every year there's a military exercise in Korea called Ulchi Freedom Guardian (or some variation). As part of the exercise, I'll be on detached duty for all of next month.

This is good news for me, mostly because I've been working my behind off over the past two months and I really could use a break. The other part of it is that I will get to work with some high ranking people on Yongsan. Though some officers I know have said they would never want to be someone's gopher, the opportunity sounds exciting. I always like to learn new things.

The downside of it is that I'll be away from the office for a while. The week after I return, I have a week-long course at another location, followed by two weeks of "use or lose" leave. Between now and October 1st, I'll be in the office for something like 5 days.

If office terms, that's forever. I wonder if I'll even have the same desk when I get back....

No comments: