Sunday, August 04, 2013

How did this happen?

My son is quite the negotiator.

A while ago, while we were at the PX, he told me he was thirsty, and said he wanted to get water from "there" (pointing at Starbucks).

Now, to me, that's about the worst idea in the world. Starbucks is the *last place* I would ever want to buy a bottle of water. Say what you want about how pure it is, but I dislike the idea of paying for bottled water, and further, I hate overpaying for it.

I suggested he wait the ten minutes so we could drive home, but he wouldn't move. Faced with either physically carrying him out of the building or getting him *something* to drink, I suggested we get something cheaper from the food court. He accepted.

Relieved that I wouldn't have to pay out of the nose for a Starbucks drink, I even offered to get a large.

To recap, he started off by asking for water, and ended up getting a large fruit punch.

I'm still amazed.

No comments: