Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My favorite ice cream

I enjoy reading the blogs of other foreigners in Korea. Some are by "old Korea hands," and reflect the wisdom of more years here than I have. Others, like this one by an exchange student at the Catholic University in Bucheon, remind me of the time when I first came here.

Two days before that student left, she wrote about the things she'll miss, and mentioned the ice cream. I really identified with that. One of the best things about this country is the availability of good, inexpensive ice cream just about everywhere you go.
My favorite is the ๋นต๋„์•„ (bbang-doe-ah). It's cookies-and-cream ice cream sandwiched between two layers of vanilla cake, and runs for $0.95 (1000 won). To me, that's an unbelievable value.

Korea's got a gajillion things to like, but when my time to leave comes, I'm quite sure ice cream like this will be among the top things I will miss, too.

No comments: