Saturday, September 09, 2017

Diligent daughter

One of my goals for the family is to do a "family devotional time" once a week. It's something I've been embarrassingly irregular about recently, but my daughter asked me today if we could do one today.

She particularly likes when we do a communion message, so we picked up some grape juice at the store to go with the naan bread I already had on hand (I was going to make pizza). She wanted to get together as soon as we got home, but I told her to wait until after dinner.

After dinner, she started watching a movie on TV and I thought she'd forgotten, but mid-way through she paused it, set up our Korea-style 상 table, and brought it up again.

So I heated up the bread, poured the juice, and we (P too) had communion while we took turns reading Luke 22:13-20.

After that, I did a short lesson about how God talks to us, using 2 Kings 5:10-12 (Naaman's expectations) and 1 Kings 19:11-12 (the whisper).

I'm hardly the spiritual example I should be to my kids, but they make it easier with encouraging attitudes like this.

I'm glad I have good kids.

No comments: