Saturday, June 09, 2018

Return from El Paso

Before coming back, my team had some free time, so a buddy and I checked out some microbreweries. I checked out of the hotel at noon and went straight to the airport for my 5:00pm flight, since there was little else to do and I didn't want to haul my luggage all over town. A while after I got to the terminal, I got called to the counter for a surprise -- I'd been upgraded to first class.

My flight from El Paso to Los Angeles was only about two hours, but I got to ride it in style. And coming in the last couple months of my time in the Army, I doubt it will ever happen again. When I got to Los Angeles, I found out my connecting flight home was delayed, so I went to the Korean Air lounge to kill time and get some snacks. Here was the view of the airport from there.

No comments: