Monday, September 16, 2019

Upcoming lay-off

Today I got some news that I'd been predicting for a while: I'm getting laid off at the end of the fiscal year.

It's kind of a bummer because:
  1. It was an easy job. I had a lot of free time to spend on social media and study for the Project Management Professional exam.
  2. It paid fairly well, considering how little I did.
  3. I had turned down a GS-12 position on August 21st.
Yeah, it was just a step 1 term position, which would have meant a $10,000 pay cut, but still -- I turned it down on the reassurance that I would be continuing on this contract.

On the bright side of things, the American taxpayer gets a win on this. While Joint Doctrine 4-0 (see pages III-9 and B-2) conceives of a "Deployment and Distribution Operations Center," its roles and responsibilities in a peacetime environment are not clear.

My last day will be September 27th. For the next two weeks, I'll contacting people in my network to see what's out there. Hopefully, with my shiny, new PMP cert, I can find something soon.

No comments: