Saturday, August 04, 2007

iBT test prep week

The standards for learning English have increased dramatically in the past few years. Rather than just being tested on their reading, students must have the whole range of skills: writing, reading, speaking, and listening.

So the second half of this week we’re doing Internet-Based Test Training. (I think CDI does this every three months.) It’s pretty easy stuff: give the directions and proctor the tests.

I wish every week was like this.

From playing around with those fill-in-the-bubbles name slots, I came up with a new, nonsensical Korean name for myself: 콒쮑쐟. It's about the most intricate name I could think of with about 40 pen strokes. By comparison, 이이 is the simplest, with only four. My students thought it was hilarious.

1 comment:

- said...

OK, slight change. Originally I wanted to have a ㅃ 받침 in there, but I couldn't get the Korean IME to do that.

But rather than have ㅂ alone, let's add in a ㅅ: 콒쮒쐟

If you can barely read it, well, that's kind of the point.