Friday, January 16, 2009

The Meersburger

Last night I played designated driver for a trio of platoon buddies. We went to this one place that's famous for its buffalo wings. (Around here, lots of places are, but well, nevermind...) I also found out that DDs get free cokes, so that's a gig that I definitely won't mind in the future.

So how do you top free Cokes and a four day weekend? By driving to Meers for a tasty Meersburger. Though it doesn't look like much from the outside, this place was ranked as one of the top 10 places in the U.S. for burgers. They've even got a snazzy website

I must admit, they're not much to look at, but they are darn tasty. The other guys got the 7" ones, but I played it smart and got a small one, saving room for dessert.



Other people used the opportunity to go far, far away. Another difference between BOLC2 and OCS is the distance you're allowed to travel away from post. In OCS, you were limited to 25 miles, no matter the situation. Here in BOLC, you're allowed to go 100 miles (which includes Oklahoma City) without special permission.

And because this was a four-day, the radius was extended even farther; from what I heard, some people requested and were given passes to fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks good, I want to visit Ft. Sill now and eat one of those meersburgers..