Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In-processing, Day 2

At 7:30 this morning my fellow "in-processors" and I went through medical, dental, and Tricare. We finished this by 8:30; between then and 10:30 we finished up whatever else we had to do. For me, that meant visiting transportation to confirm my orders were in the works, giving finance my TDY in-and-around mileage, and learning about the Exceptional Family Member Program.

From 10:30 to 12:00 we attended a sexual assault prevention session, followed by a break until 2:45. At that point, we listened to an introduction by the post command sergeant major for the post and the deputy commnding general (DCG). At first, I thought the DCG was a Marine because of the color of his uniform, but it turns out he's Canadian -- he's an exchange officer, and because the CG is out of town, it fell to him to give the welcome. How about that.

Housing called me and said my on-post housing is ready and available; that's cool, because now I don't have to sign a lease for something off-post. Plus, there's no stress about beating the crowds in the gate in the morning -- at least until we buy something.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be the last day of in-processing; I know it will last at least until 3:00 because Transportation has people complete their DITY paperwork en masse. No gettin' out before then.

No comments: