Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Review: Q Squared

I remember having read this a very long time ago -- probably while I was in high school -- so I was happy to see it amongst a bunch of donated books. I remember having read another of Peter David's books, Imzadi, and it left a deep impression on my heartbreak-obsessed teenage mind. I'd always wanted to see Deanna Troi hook back up with William Riker, but sadly it seemed like it was never to be. Q squared explored the issue enjoyably. For the fans of multiple dimension "what ifs," this is a gem, moreso because the author is able to chart which "track" each chapter focuses on. Despite the madness that develops late in the book, you're still able to follow events. I've since dropped out of the Star Trek and Star Wars circuit, but it was nice to pick up an old favorite and reminisce.

No comments: