Sunday, March 25, 2012

New job

Starting tomorrow, I have a new job for the first time since I got out of training. I'll be moving over to a different company to fill the executive officer position (though that's not the official nomenclature).

Officially, the term is "operations officer," with the term "executive officer" reserved for the second in charge of a battalion. In practice, however, my boss calls me "XO," so that's what I go with.

After more than two and a half years as a platoon leader, I'm really happy about this. Though I'm not sure exactly how long I'll be in the position because of the promotion timeline, I hope to learn as much as I can with the time I have.

My job involves supervising the various different sections of the company headquarters, including supply, human resources, the arms room, training, operations, and some aspects of maintenance.

Plus whatever my boss assigns to me on top of that.

The next few months are going to be a lot busier than the past few....

No comments: