Monday, June 03, 2013

Changing jobs

From the good job I did a few weeks back on the container/motor pool move, I got a decent good reputation for being a guy who could get stuff done. Consequently, I've been given a different job with a lot more responsibility.

The good side is that it means more visibility/face time with the boss, which in turn may lead to a command position faster.

Unfortunately, that also means I'll have to work more hours. The past three work days have kept me later than the 5:00 quitting time I've gotten used to over the past month.

It also means there's bound to be something I'll get chewed out for in the future. My guess is that it won't even be about something that I knowingly failed on -- no, more than likely it'll be about something I don't even know about. Like a wide receiver who catches flak for not catching a pass that wasn't even thrown to him, I imagine I'll be that go-to guy when bad stuff happens.

Yet, like the persevering soul who endures in the hope of a better resurrection, I pin my hopes of a better future assignment. That'll be my motivation for the coming months.

No comments: