Thursday, September 05, 2013

It's a good thing this wasn't important

On July 19th, I got an email from our property management company. With the end of our renters' lease coming up, they were asking if we wanted to raise the rent.

No, I replied on the same day. If the same renters want to stay in the house, then they can stay for the same rate. Time passed.

On August 13th, I got another email from the property management company. We haven't heard from you, it said. If we don't hear from you soon, we'll keep the rent the same.

Again, I replied on the same day. Here's the email I sent you last time, it said, with the first email forwarded as an attachment. Keep the rent the same if the same renters want to stay. If they don't want to stay, then we'll think about raising it. Again, time passed.

Today I got another email. We haven't heard from you regarding your renewal price, it said, so we're offering the tenants a one year extension at the same monthly rent.

I attached the first two emails as attachments and replied, "That sounds fine."

It's a good thing this wasn't about something important.

No comments: