Sunday, April 22, 2018

Shooting in my neighborhood

Last weekend, there was a fatal shooting in my neighborhood, about a half-mile away from my house.
"The fatal shooting happened about 3:15 a.m. Sunday when [the victim] was apparently trying to get into a home Kaileolea Drive in Ewa Beach. Police say the victim was attempting to open the front door of the suspect's home when [the resident] opened fire." [Source]
For a more complete recounting of the incident, here's what KHON reported: So a guy stumbles home in the middle of the night (and there's no street parking, so he apparently got a ride). He walks up the wrong door and tries to get in, but his key won't work. (You can see the units look much alike.) At some point, the resident shoots him through the door, killing him.

And the other side of it is: I woke up at 3:15 to some guy trying to break into my house. Who knows what he intended? So I defended my home.

This is why I don't own a gun at home -- when you have one, problems become so much easier to solve.

But then you have to live with the solution.

No comments: