Friday, December 01, 2006

Fish out of water

Oh man, it's cold here.

Though Dodgeville missed out on the bad snowstorms that hit Chicago, the temperature is still below freezing. I knew it would already be winter by now, but I'm still not used to things. Last night I tried sleeping with my head completely covered by blankets, hoping that my breath would eventually warm me up. It never did.

Fortunately, I now have a pair of house slippers -- that's one small measure towards warmth.

It's a strange thing to be back with my parents. Dinner can sometimes be just a single bowl of chili -- a big difference from SuYoung's practice of serving rice and several small dishes. I don't have either a job or a car, so I'm stuck in the house for most of the day. I need help to even go to the post office.

You'd think I'd feel at home being back in the Midwest, but I actually felt more comfortable being in China than I do in Wisconsin.

No comments: