Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boxes and Legos

I requested a few things of my Dad a week or two ago: YooHoos, TastyKake krimpets, and Slim Jims. The Krimpets are a Philadelphia area thing; the YooHoos and Slim Jims are the snacks I remember from when my sister and I would visit him. He sent me way more than that....

If you notice, there's a Lego box in there -- the Lego version of the Army men from Toy Story. Yes, my Dad sent Legos to Afghanistan. *sigh* What am I going to do with these? I thought.

Well, I put them together. Turns out there's a medic in the set, just like him. To make a lieutenant, I took a permanent marker and put a black bar on another one's helmet. So now I have a little Lego father and son set. Awww....

I also got another box from an unnamed source -- it came in with a bunch of stuff for other people, so I don't think came from any one person.

I'll use that candy the next time I go out on mission to throw to the kids.

No comments: