Thursday, October 14, 2004

GMAT and CHEMBA

I took the GMAT this past Monday and got a 600. Yay! Breaking 600 puts me in the 70th percentile, though whether that's good enough for program I want to get into remains to be seen.

I'm trying for a scholarship for the University of Hawaii's China-focused MBA, or CHEMBA. One may wonder why I'm focusing on China when so much of my experience in Hawaii was centered on Japan. Two reasons for that -- 1.) the relative importance of U.S.-Japan relations seems to be waning, and 2.) I think developing Chinese business skills would augment my skills set better than specializing further on Japan.

If I was planning to stay in Hawaii or go to Japan, then the JEMBA program would be better, I'm sure, but I still hope to become a diplomat. With CHEMBA, I think my chances of success will be greater. Wish me luck!

No comments: