Sunday, December 12, 2004

자고싶어!

Last night I had such a rough time sleeping.

First, my grandfather called me up at 1:40 in the morning. No big, important news or anything -- he just wanted to talk. He's really excited about coming out here in February, but even that's not why he called; he makes these calls at any hour of the day because he feels like talking to me.
That's not too big an issue -- I like talking to him, and I want to be there for him -- I just wish he'd get a bit more ... self-control (is that the word?) when it comes to those kind of urges.

What made my night worse was that my sister called me two hours later, at 3:30, wanting my address. Here's the phone conversation, as best I can remember it:

Me: [super-groggy voice] Hello?
K: Hi! Blah blah blah ... address.
Me: Uh ... I'll send you an email.
K: But I'm on my way to the post office and ... blah blah blah
Me: blah blah blah [I don't even remember this part at all] email.
K: [sounding pouty and irritated] *fine*

That's the best my memory can do -- I don't even remember saying goodbye or anything. I remember looking at my alarm clock, sighing at the time I saw, and then nothing more.
I assume (based on a previous conversation) that she was really excited about having finished her Christmas shopping early this year, and wanted to send it out as soon as possible.

I come to find out, though (and this blows my mind), that she made the international call AFTER having talked with our mom. She knew it would be in the wee hours of the morning and that mom could have given it to her if she'd waited a few minutes more, and yet she still called me....

Oh boy.... [shakes head]

No comments: