Monday, January 24, 2005

Other ST convention pics

As I said, I went to a Star Trek convention a while back, when I was living in Honolulu. It wasn't very big, but it was interesting, and at least now I can say that I've been to one. Here are some pics from the experience.

I don't know who this guy is, but I think he was some minor character on Deep Space 9 or something. No, no wait -- it was Voyager. Anyway, he made my friend pay him five bucks just to have his picture taken. What a jerk! So I took a picture of him gettin' his money. If you ask me, this was what made the $5 worth it. Unfortunately, it was lost when my file server crashed....

For me the highlight of the day was getting a picture of me with Wil Wheaton.

Wil's a nice guy, and a good writer. He's got his own site that's by all accounts high quality brain feed, and a book called Just a Geek. On his website he linked to this review of it, which merely touches on some of the stuff Wil had to put up with during his ST:TNG years, just for being a poorly written character. I'm glad he's doing well.

On the way out, I saw T-shirts at the gift shop with the message "Kill Wesley."

Extra kudos to him for showing up....

No comments: