Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cell phone fun

I'm learning the ins and outs of my new phone a little better. Gosh, you can just about do anything with it.

The first thing I did was download a custom ring tone. There's a particular song I like by 박상민 (Pak Sang Min) called "해바라기" (Haebaragi); I got both the lyricked and intrumental version of it. However, I still use the "Old Telephone" for my ringtone.

Second, I set up the 필링 (feeling) ringtone. That the sound the caller hears when they dial my number. This is what I use custom ringtones for.

Third, I went to my bank and got a BankOn smart chip. With this I can press a button and use certain bank features, such as balance-check and credit card payment. Korea doesn't use checks, so they included the ability instantly transfer money from account to account. Now I don't need to pay utility bills at the bank anymore -- I can do it with my phone. It also looks like they'll include the ability to do wire transfers in the future, so I can skip a trip to the bank for that, too.

Fourth, I got the SD card adapter for my computer, so now I can use the MP3 function. With the packaged 32MB card I can pack about 18 songs on there, but I have a 256MB card on the way. With that one I should be able to squeeze about 130 MP3 files onto my phone. That should keep me busy.

My next step is to get the download manager from LG Telecom working. With this, I should be able to download LGT-sponsored music from their website and listen to that as well. I'm also working on getting the LG Sync software to work -- I think it will allow me to better organize my phone stuff with my laptop stuff. I'm not entirely sure, because it's a little difficult for me to navigate pages like THIS without getting confused about what software does what.

No comments: