Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Grandpop, Day 2 - Sanbon

On Monday I thought my grandfather would like to stay in and take it easy after his long flight. No way -- he was ready to go. He even woke me up at 9:00.

I regret to say I don't have much in the way of breakfast food in my apartment, and this became evident as soon as I woke up. I had only the heel of one loaf bread, and no butter. I had water, but no orange juice. Strawberry-flavored cream cheese, but no bagels; cereal, but no milk; eggs, but no bacon. *sigh* After a trip to the bank, the first thing we did was go out to eat.

Since it was just about lunchtime, we went to a donkkasu (돈까스) restaurant in downtown Sanbon. You can't beat pan-fried pork cutlet with curry sauce, but his favorite part was the kim chi. Well, go figure....

After that, we went over to the nearby E-Mart and started souvenir shopping. He got a wooden practice sword (죽검) for a friend who wanted something martial arts-related, and we looked for Beanie Babies for another friend. After that, we went back home and he took a nap.

Later, we took a trip up to the COEX department store and walked around, looking again for a store that would carry Beanie Babies. We ate dinner in the food court, then called it a day.

No comments: