Monday, April 11, 2005

花に嵐

There's a Japanese saying, "花に嵐" (はなにあらし), meaning "flowers bring storms." Why they figure it comes in that order and not the other way around, I don't know, but it seems appropriate considering I recenly lost my job at JEL, just one workday after I found out I got my scholarship.

Why? Well, there's no one specific cause, but generally speaking, I caused more stress for the coordinators than they figured I was worth. They report to the school's owner, and he decided to let me go at the end of May.

It stinks because by the time I leave I'll only have two and a half months before the end of my contract anyway. By finishing, I would have been entitled to the plane ticket back and a full one month's severence, but as it is, I'm getting two week's worth and no ticket. Thumbs down.

[May 11, 2005 -- Here's the link to the mini-site I made. Enjoy!]

No comments: