Friday, June 17, 2005

Passing the time

Until school starts on August 1, or until my temp agency calls with a job, I'm on a sort of pre-grad school summer vacation.

So, what have I been doing? Well, in addition to Shift, I've been reading a book on Japan's geography, a book on Chinese business culture, and two Chinese language books. In the mornings I catch two episodes of Star Trek: Next Generation, and through Netflix I've been renting the Revolutionary Girl: Utena anime series. And then, in my free time I've been reading about the companies that JEMBA and CHEMBA students have one internships with and playing "Tropico" a SimCity-like game where you play the dictator of a small Caribbean island.

Not exactly the kind of vacation one would expect to have in Hawaii, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless....

No comments: