Friday, July 22, 2005

Review: Utena

I just finished watching the "Revolutionary Girl: Utena" series. I had heard it was really good, so I starting renting the DVDs from Netflix. What a waste of time.

“Missing truth and forever, kissing love and true your heart.” Does this line from the theme song make sense to you? No? Well, neither does most of the series, so I guess it matches. I started writing the summaries because I like keeping track of what’s going on in a series as I watch episodes. Toward the end, though, I changed my mind -- I did it so that now you can read this and save yourself a headache.

If you like your entertainment to have a modicum of reality and not just be some kind of psychedelic, surrealistic dream, you can read the summaries in the linked document, and move on to the next anime on your list.
UTENA.DOC

No comments: