Saturday, August 06, 2005

Grad School, Week 1

Well, my first week of graduate school is finished, and I'm still alive. I'd even go so far as to say I'm having fun, believe it or not. On Monday, the staff gave an overview of the JEMBA and CHEMBA programs, and treated us to a luncheon with the directors of JAIMS and UH.

On Tuesday we went to the JAIMS building in Hawaii Kai for a tour of the facilities there, and returned on Wednesday for an all-day leadership conference.

On Thursday and Friday, we had math and accounting tutorials to bring everyone up to speed, since we didn't all come from business backgrounds.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have micro- and macro-economics tutorials (for the same reasons), but strangely, we have Monday off. I think this will be the first time I'll be saying "Thank God It's Monday."

No comments: