Saturday, August 20, 2005

Grad school, week 3

I must say, going to school and *not* working sure beats the pants off of going to school *and* working any day. I may be in an intensive MBA program, but I'm having a lot of fun....

I'm not sure if it's the result of my work experience or what, but I seem to be doing a better job of being a student, too. With funds to spare, I'm not afraid of investing in hardware (like a voice recorder or extra binders) to help be more organized and on top of things.

I also have a lot of other advantages that I never had as an undergraduate -- a laptop to work on papers at home or school, a PalmPilot to organize my schedule, a moped by which I can get around easily, a UH parking permit that's good 24-7, and a guaranteed quiet place to study (the graduate student lounge at the College of Business).

On top of that, we JEMBA/CHEMBA students are surprisingly cohesive. If I have any questions about homework assignments, I know a number of people I can ask, because I've helped them. We also celebrated the first birthday of the group this past Wednesday, which was satisfying for me because the guy was really touched by it.

In short, I'm having the best college experience I've ever had.

No comments: