Sunday, September 18, 2005

Bad building, great view

It's no secret that the College of Business Administration occupies one of the worst buildings at UH. It's open architecture requires that all the concrete stairwells and flooring be painted a dull gray to protect from rain, and its byzantine pathways from one module to another are just plain silly.

A number of years ago, one of the seven modules has to be torn down because the valley floor messed up the foundation and it was in danger of collapsing. The whole thing is an all-around sad piece of construction.

It does, however, have a fantastic view of Diamond Head from the graduate student lounge, aided by its position on the highest ground on campus. Check this out:

I love going to the lounge to study. It's air conditioned and always quiet, plus there are lockers I can stash my books in so I don't have to lug them back and forth from home.

It's stuff like this that makes my graduate student experience so much more enjoyable than my undergraduate years.

No comments: