Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another neighborhood fire

At about midnight I smelled burning rubber while I was in the kitchen, and looked out my window to see if something on fire somewhere. Sure enough, there was. I grabbed my camera and headed downstairs to see what it was.

It was a motorcycle accident, but there were no cars around, and no motorcycle driver to be seen There were a couple of paramedics just kind of standing around (that usually a good sign) and firefighters hosing the smoking motorcycle down. I'm assuming that because the motorcycle driver wasn't around that it was stolen (I suppose if he's able to run off that he's not hurt too badly).

I have a short .MOV file posted here. It's about 22 MB big, though, so it might take a while to download. I'd have posted some of the pictures, but they didn't turn out that well -- I still haven't mastered the mechanics of night-time shots.

No comments: