Thursday, October 13, 2005

"You should go blog that...."

My friend Corrie has developed a tendency to say this to me. Maybe it's because she likes reading my blog, but I'm starting to think it's the new way to say "shut up."

I admit I have a tendency to ask annoying questions that people don't like to think about. Things like, "If the 2-year Leeward Community College and 2 year University of Hawaii-West Oahu share the same grounds, why don't they just merge and call UH-Leeward?"

Or "Why are Mars bars shorter than Snickers? Is it because almonds are oh-so-much more expensive than peanuts?" Difficult to answer, true, but don't you think these kinds of questions are interesting and thought-provoking?

Oh, wait -- epiphany, here.... I just realized something:

This is America.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you overanalyzing again? I wantto clarify....I really do think your questions are thought provoking and that you should blog them just to "get them out". By no means am I indirectly saying "shut up" but mayne it's your own subconscious. More food for thought.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the type-os in my other comment, it was the first time doing this and I'm a creature of habit :)

Anonymous said...

Ryan says:

That's way I'm in your life...to have those blimpie vs subway discussions.

LCC is to UH-West as KCC is to UH-Manoa. Close enough, but not enough warrent a merge and soil the University's "high quality" with a CC tag. Although coming from a larger picture of the world I can see how you might view UH, that it might as well be a CC.

You mean "why WERE Mars bars..." as they are no longer made HOWEVER if you want your full sized Mars bar, there is Almond Snickers. I believe they took the Mars machine and changed the wrapper...and added a cm to the mold.

- said...

Still, the Snickers Almond is only 1.76 oz., while the regular Snickers is 2.07 oz.

That's 0.29 oz. of gooey goodness we get jipped out of. Thumbs down.