Wednesday, September 28, 2022

I finally got COVID

I got back from Romania on Saturday, September 17th. The following Tuesday, I started feeling pretty junky. I went to bed early, and I'm not even sure if I brushed my teeth.

By Wednesday morning, I could barely move -- just like the way I felt following my second COVID immunization. I called out of work, and stayed in bed all day.

The same went for Thursday, and I don't think I even put on my glasses. By Friday, though, I felt well enough to at least walk down the street and get a COVID test. Sure enough, I got it.

The next five days I had to stay in my room, quarantined. My wife brought food up to me, picked up the dishes, and generally took good care of me.
Today, though, it was back to work. I still have a little nastiness in my throat -- somwething that I've heard won't go away for another two weeks -- but I'm grateful that I had been vaccinated.

Given how bad I felt *having been* vaccinated, I have no idea how it would have gone if I hadn't. My father's cousin Sherrie didn't make it; I might not have, either.

No comments: