Thursday, September 29, 2022

The reason I can't find eggs

We moved into our apartment in the beginning of September, but with trip to Romania, having COVID, and having a spouse who likes to do the food shopping, I haven't been grocery shopping much.

But today I did, and it took me about 20 minutes to find eggs. Very frustrating. I looked *all over.* Here's where I went wrong: I was looking for a refrigerated section. Germans don't refrigerate their eggs. Because they don't wash off the eggs' natural coating, there's no need. As Americans, we waste a lot of energy washing and refrigerating our white eggs for purely cosmetic reasons.

And while I knew about that in an academic way, I didn't think about it as I wandered around the grocery store, and bothered three different people for directions.

No comments: