Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A quieter Facebook

These days my Facebook account is a much quieter place than it was earlier this year, and I don't really know why. I don't see PragerU posts like I used to, and there are no more gun rights posts, which would typically start an argument. It's like, for me at least, FB has gone back to 2015, except that I post more often.

Maybe the bigger part of it is that I don't post political stuff on it either. I still like to argue, but I've adopted a "no first strike" policy regarding partisan arguments.

So while I'd love to complain about Rep. John Carter running unopposed in the general election, the fact is that normal people don't vote Democrat in Texas (just like normal folks don't vote Republican in Hawaii) unless they have a specific grievance that motivates them. As much as I dislike the situation, it seems the most effective thing I can do is what I did this past week -- cast my ballot and move on.

No comments: