Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Rose Nocito

When my grandfather passed away in 2017, my father and I found a 1939 naturalization certificate among his things -- not for him or anyone in his family, but for a woman named Rose Nocito. We didn't know who the person was. Although my grandmother's older sister had married into the Sartori family, we couldn't find any connection to the Nocitos.

It was a curiosity, but there were many other things to worry about at the time, so I took a picture of it, and my father stashed it away to be dealt with later.

*****

Fast forward to May of this year. I thought about Rose Nocito again, and decided to look her up with my Ancestry.com membership. After finding someone who listed her in their family tree, I sent them a message. They referred me to a closer relative -- Rose's granddaughter -- so I said I'd try to track down that naturalization certificate when I visited my father.

To my surprise, my father had kept it (and found it fairly easily), so I sent it to Rose's granddaughter Donna Beers while I was in New Jersey.
Well, she got it, Ms. Beers sent me a picture of her with it.

No comments: