Monday, November 29, 2004

Book -- Single Square Picture

My roommate provided me with the book I'm reading, called "A Single Square Picture" by Katy Robinson. Amazon Link. It's the story of a Korean adoptee and her search for her birth mother and grandmother. It's heart-breaking at times, particularly at the beginning, but provides a very good glimpse of what it's like for Korean-American adoptees.

In part because I'm reading this around Thanksgiving, it's made me acutely aware of how blessed I am to have had two families that loved me while I grew up. Even though my parents divorced when I was very young, I never had to deal with one trying to poison my feelings for the other, nor with any of the more serious issues divorce can cause.

This Thanksgiving, the #1 thing I'm grateful to God for is my family.

No comments: