Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving in Korea

Thanksgiving was pretty much a non-event this year. Of course, that's to be expected because I work for a Korean in a Korean language institute, and the pilgrims have never had as much influence here as they have in America.

We didn't organize anything for just the foreign staff, either. We're just about evenly divided between Canadians and Americans, so half of us didn't think it was a big deal (Canadian Thanksgiving is our Columbus Day) , and none of the Americans were interested in either in hunting down a turkey or hosting a party. Besides, Thursday was a workday anyhow, and during the weekend we all pretty much have our own plans. Oh well.

I got my chance this weekend and celebrated Thanksgiving with my friends from church. I got my turkey fix, and got the chance to promote Hawaii by making Li Hing Pineapple. (If you don't know what that is, you can learn about it and even order some HERE.)

Once I get back to the states, though, I definitely want to try out one of them turkey fryers. Boy oh boy, talk about bad for you -- you
deep fry the entire thing! As if gorging yourself on over 4500 calories wasn't enough....

No comments: