Sunday, February 13, 2005

Grandpop, Day 8 - Samsung

More of the same today. My friends visited after church today, and provided me with a ride home to shower and grab some personal effects my grandpop wanted.

He got a chest tomography (CAT?) scan in the early evening, but because there wasn't any expert staff available for a full analysis of the results, so we won't know until about 7:00 am tomorrow how serious his pneumonia is. I'm hoping it's just a simple case of pneumonia, and that his post-angina heart valve isn't affected, but the X-rays showed some stuff in his right lung that was a little unclear.

If the bacteria from his lungs infects his heart, the treatment gets more complicated, though ironically the decision about whether to admit him to the general ward would be easier.

If it stays simple, that's good, but the decisions are more difficult. He can't get the general ward, getting released to my house is a super bad idea (I have to work, and couldn't be there), and staying in the ER (where there's no shower access, I have to be there 24-7, and we have to survive on either convenience store or Korean cafeteria food) wouldn't work either.

I've asked whether he could get transfered back to one of the military hospitals, but again -- it's something that I have to wait until tomorrow to hear about. Oh well, I guess it's another night on his hospital bed....

No comments: