Monday, February 14, 2005

Grandpop, Day 9 - Samsung2

Happy Valentine's Day.

Good news -- it's a simple pneumonia, and he's almost stopped coughing. Bad news -- I'm about to go crazy. I was scheduled to work today at 10:00, and my grandpop woke me up at 4:00 am because he wanted his name changed at the end of the bed.

It makes sense because the Korean staff mixed up the name order, and he was concerned about a possible problem with the insurance company later, but the timing of it genuinely sucked.

Well, I wasn't angry for long. Because of a cardiogram and the wait for the results, the prospect of working later that day rapidly disappeared, so I was able to sleep later. We also found out that he could continue his recovery at the Army Hospital at the Yongsan base, and that he'd be transferred a little after noon.

As we waited for the Army ambulance to transfer us, I took this picture of the waiting toom. Taking pictures in a hospital is a sensitive thing, so I tried to be as discreet as possible and keep seriously unwell patients out of the frame.

No comments: