Saturday, March 12, 2005

pre-White Day Date

Valentine's Day works a bit different in Korea -- on February 14th, girlfriends give guys stuff. In turn, boyfriends give girls stuff on White Day, which is March 14th.

But since White Day is a Monday, it's a little weird -- GF lives and works in Ilsan, a northwest suburb of Seoul, while I live and work in the southern suburbs. Getting together during the week is a bit difficult, ergo (what a cool word), we had our date today, and I'll give her her White Day present tomorrow.

We saw Hitch at the movie theater in "Central City," a mall near the Express Bus Terminal. Great movie -- I'd highly recommend it. Anyway, here's a picture from our date near a Hello Kitty-type store:

Pretty cool how we got that "I love you" in the picture, huh? It helps to know a little Korean when you give someone your camera.

On a side note, I saw this arcade game there, and got a big kick out of it. You're supposedly a taxi driver (of a convertible, no less), but I guess you're supposed to drive like a maniac. You can drive off overpasses and through stacks of wooden boxes -- all the stuff that would get a real cabbie arrested and give real passengers heart attacks. I hope this one makes it to the PlayStation2.

No comments: