Monday, May 02, 2005

Busan trip

I went to Busan with SY this weekend. We stayed at the house of one of her friends from church there, and did some sightseeing.

For me, the two biggest highlights from the trip were 1.) getting to ride the KTX (Korea's bullet train), and 2.) taking these pictures:


Sure, the English spelling and the hanja are different, but the Korean spelling is the same. OK, I know it's just me, but give me a break -- I get a kick out of things like this.

As for the KTX, my pictures don't really show that it's anything special, but it really is fast. An otherwise six-hour train ride to the opposite side of the country gets cut down to two and a half -- and you don't have to mess around with airport security. Sweet!

We also went to the park near the bay, and took got these pictures. Look at all the container ships in the bay loaded with exports -- though a lot of this is undoubtedly heading for Japan, it's no surprise the U.S. is running such a high trade deficit.

I shot a short video (~3.5MB) sweeping the bay with my camera. There's no sound, and the sky was cloudy that day, but I think it's still worth it.




_

No comments: