Monday, May 02, 2005

Figuring stuff out

Sometimes I do things just to see if I can. In college I took the French proficiency test to see how well I remembered the French I learned in high school, even though I'd already decided to fill my language requirement with something else.

My cell phone's background is another example. I called the LG English service line and asked if I could make my own picture and use it as a background on my LP3400-P; they said no -- according to their engineers it couldn't be be done. Well, I figured out how.

The next thing I want to do is figure out how to use this custom ringtone I made from the "Tommy Boy" soundtrack:
MMF version and MP3 version.
If you have any advice, please post a comment....

[For those interested in the background how-to:
To get the Minesweeper screenshot in the proper format I first took the screenshot (Ctrl+Print Screen) and converted it to JPG format(Microsoft Photo Editor can do that). Next, I resized it to fit my cell phone's display dimensions (in my case, 176x220).

From there I copied it onto my phone's removable mini-SD chip and then transferred it to my phone's internal storage. From there I was able to attach the file to a "Shotmail," (it's like an email, I guess) and send it to myself. Apparently, received JPG attachments can be used as backgrounds, so all I had to do was view the picture and choose "Set as Background."]

No comments: