Tuesday, April 13, 2021

He lost his job, but he's not unemployed

Georgia state legislator John Albers said he lost his job because of lies and distortions regarding his state's new election law.

As he wrote in an op/ed piece, "Words have meaning, and these lies have real consequences. I would know: They cost me my job."

But I don't really feel bad for him. He lost his job, yes, but what job was that, exactly?
It was his side gig at a law firm called Fisher Phillips. He "resigned as chief information officer after it was deemed 'incompatible' with his role as a state lawmaker." [Source]

Clearly a sad story, but I suppose perceived conflicts of interest are one of those crosses that a state senator has to bear. The good news is that this "day job" will still be able to provide for his family.

No comments: