Friday, July 28, 2023

Armenia trip -- the food

I ate a *lot* of good food while I was in Yerevan. My favorite restaurant was around the corner in Republic Square -- this shaurma place called Tumunyan.


I went to one really nice restaurant called Lavash, but not everything was as great. At Jack's Pub, for example, the best I could get was a hot dog wraped in a piece of bread.

The hotel served breakfast, which I don't usually eat, but I couldn't resist good food like this. For dinner, there was always someplace new to try. This was down the street from the hotel. The menu was in Russian, but the food was American. And one night our counterparts treated us to a banquet. There's a saying that "not even brothers will share the lavash used to serve the meat." (I guess because it soaks up some of the grease and is really tasty.) Understandable.

No comments: