Monday, July 03, 2023

Summer trip 2023 - Millville Airport

Vineland has a Lidl grocery sore, just like Germany, except that this one has Tastykakes -- a mid-Atlantic state must-have. I grabbed two boxes of the Butterscotch Krimpets.

The labels are in English, but I immediately recognized Laugenbretzels, Brötchen, and Schokoladencroissants.
We made a stop at the local library, where I wanted to get a copy of the obituary for my second cousin Tara Belmont. Like my great-grandmother, she passed away in 1988. My family thinks that it was her death in a car accident that precipitated my great-grandmother's a mere three months later.

This is the first house I ever lived in -- 607 F Street. If I remember right, there's a filled-in pool in the back that I used to ride around on my bicycle. My son likes military aviation stuff, so we went to the Millville Airport. Built in 1941, it used to be a military installation. Nowadays, it's more of a museum.

I remember learning about the Link Trainer from Willow Tree Shade, the Helen Ahn Cuddy biography.

Sometime before 1980, though, it turned into a regular commercial airport. I remember when I was about four years-old, we took a flight out of it on a trip to Disney World.

Although my son was drawn to the jets, he likes tanks, too. For lunch we ate at Chick-Fil-a, which is one of those North-America-only things that we had to do, and for dinner we ate at the Viet Bistro in the Cumberland Mall. That concluded our second day in New Jersey.

No comments: